Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles with air fried tofu and vegetables is a delicious and quick to make weeknight dinner recipe that is so delicious!
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 oz Noodles
- 14 oz Extra firm tofu patted dried and cut into cubes
- Onion Cut in to thin strips
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables
- 2 Spring onions to garnish
- 1 tbsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- as needed Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- For the sauce
- 4 tbsp Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ¼ cup Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp Tamarind paste dissolved in ¼ cup water
Cook the noodles or spaghetti according to the package instructions, drain and keep aside.
To make the sauce – Add all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Then, add little hot water to bring it to a smooth consistency.
I used air fryer to fry my tofu. Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 2 minutes and place the squeezed and cut tofu pieces. Spray some oil on top and let it air fry until golden brown. Keep tossing the air fryer basket once in a while for even cooking.
Add oil to the skillet or wok and add the onion. Stir fry for a minute and then add the ginger and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
Add the crushed red pepper flakes followed by the rest of the vegetables and cook for few minutes until the vegetables are crisp. Make sure that they don’t get too soft.
Add the prepared sauce to the pan and mix well until the vegetables are well coated.
Add the tofu and the cooked pasta/noodles and mix well. Garnish with spring onions and serve the Thai peanut noodles hot.
Expert Tips and FAQ's
- Make sure that the pasta or noodles are not overcooked. This makes the recipe very mushy and tasteless.
- Any of the vegetable can be omitted or any other vegetables could be added to the recipe.
- Be very careful when adding salt to the recipe. Soy sauce has loads of salt and most of the times, just that would be enough.
- Tamarind pulp makes the sauce tangy. If it is not available, one could always add some lime juice in the end.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 741mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3516IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg